Friday, March 18, 2016

Morning Korean Skincare Routine

                      Beauty Kitchen
Although the 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine has been around for quite some time now, a lot of people still have many questions about it. One of them being: Do I really have to do all 10 steps?

10 steps is definitely a lot but lucky for you the answer is no, you don't have to. Could you imagine taking the time in the morning to throw 10 products onto your face? I don't know about you but I'd rather be sleeping an extra 5 minutes.

It's taken a lot of trial and error to get my morning Korean skincare routine down pact and while it will obviously evolve as new products come out, here's what my routine consists of thus far. I'll be presenting them in the order in which I apply them to my face, and I swear it won't take you very long:

1. KLAIRS GENTLE BLACK DEEP CLEANSING OIL ($23) - I start off my morning skincare routine with an oil-based cleanser. Your skin continues to produce oil while you sleep so this cleanser will help to break it down so you can start off with a truly fresh face.

2. GLOSSIER MILKY JELLY CLEANSER ($18) - Then I follow up with a water-based cleanser that will break down any remaining dirt and grime. This cleanser from Glossier is effective yet gentle so it doesn't irritate your skin. You can read my full review of the product here.

3. SON & PARK BEAUTY WATER ($30) - After I get out the shower I pat my face dry and pour this toner into my hands. I like to pat it onto my face to make sure it absorbs into the skin. This particular toner works to neutralize your skin's pH levels after you've washed it with the oil and water-based cleansers. I have a full review of the product here.

4. MISSHA TIME REVOLUTION FIRST TREATMENT ESSENCE ($49) - Essence is the heart of every Korean skincare routine so you definitely can't skip this in the morning. This essence from Missha works to repair and nourish skin while improving skin elasticity. If you're interested here's my full review of the product.

5. GARNIER SKIN RENEW ANTI-PUFF ROLLER ($9.99) - In the morning I like to focus on decreasing any puffiness that may have accumulated under my eyes as I was sleeping. One of my favorites is this Garnier Anti-Puff Roller because it contains caffeine and has a nice cooling sensation when applied under the eyes.

6. LA ROCHE POSAY ANTHELIOS 60 ULTRA LIGHT SUNSCREEN ($29.99) - No morning skincare routine would be complete without an application of sunscreen. Korean skincare really stresses the importance of sunscreen because it helps to prevent premature wrinkles and signs of aging. This one by La Roche Posay is one of my favorites because it's incredibly light and absorbs into the skin instantly.

Remember, you can continue to cut down these steps even further where you see fit. For example, if you have dry skin then maybe you won't need to start off with an oil-based cleanser. Also, just because the routine is Korean inspired does not mean it has to contain all Korean products. As you can see I mixed in both American and European products into mine. It really comes down to whatever works best for you and your skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment